Monday, October 25, 2010
Top 12 dating tips
these dating/meeting men tips have been gathered through various experiences, personal and those of close friends and family. dating can and should be FUN, but always be safe and insure you're totally comfortable in any given situation (nervousness or butterflies aside). half the men i've gone on dates with proved worth my while for the stories alone!
1. be confident! focus on all the positives you can bring to the date or a relationship. if you don't love yourself, then you're hardly in a position to be looking for love elsewhere.
2. this ties into #1, be yourself. trying to be someone you're not is stupid, plain and simple.
3. let HIM come to YOU. brief eye contact and a smile will be an invite for him to pursue you. playing hard to get helps to show that you're worth effort so long as you don't pretend to be unattainable.
4. if you're not interested in someone's advances and he won't take subtle hints, tell him you're a lesbian. i'm kidding! explain to him he doesn't stand a chance, but you'll take the drink he's offering nonetheless and walk away as you say, "thank you."
5. dress for success and according to your size. i'm a big advocate of self expression through fashion, embrace your curves or lack of. that being said, i'm an even bigger advocate of --
6. being healthy! you don't have to be ripped with muscle to show that you take care of yourself. smoking and heavy drinking are big turn offs. following a moderate diet with daily exercise can do wonders for your self esteem.
7. a first date should be held in a location where conversation can flow with little distraction. that is, unless the date begins with an activity and you make time for more personal time afterward.
8. if #3 isn't happening, then casually approach him. SOME people think shy is sexy. Not me ...
9. never base attraction on pure physical characteristics. sexual attraction is essential, but consider his level of intelligence, humor, and heart.
10. absolutely do not sleep with him on the first date. you don't want a reputation for being easy.
11. moisturize regularly - elephant skin is so not sexy.
12. too much cologne kills a good thing and find a signature scent (or two) that you can stick with, but nothing cheap.